El proyecto consiste en un pequeño preamplificador de micrófono electret, que alimenta la entrada analógica de un NodeMCU (ESP8266). El ESP8266 convierte ese audio en paquetes UDP que luego son enviados por la red, por último, un scritp de Python se encarga de tomar esos datagramas UDP y reproducir el sonido. En resumen, es una pequeña aplicación de VOIP (voz sobre ip) usando un ESP8266.
Timeline From Design to Engineering on how Omate has designed its very first robot in a year from October 2015 to November 2016.
We have spent over a year from design to engineering in order to give birth to Yumi. It required deep Android software customization to combine high-end audio and state-of-the-art AI into its complex mechanical design.
Meet Yumi, the World’s First Home Robot powered by Android and Amazon Alexa Artificial Intelligence. Yumi can hold a conversation with anyone in the family, kids and adults alike. Yumi has been built on AI from the ground up; it is an incredibly smart and cute robot, a personal assistant, a music hub and a smart-home control point all in one.
Here is the Yumi design story (from Y1 to Y23 iteration) from the first sketch to the mockup and plastic parts tooling by RP Prototype to the integration of Amazon Alexa Artificial Intelligence into the User Interface.
Campaign will be live on November 15 on Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/omate-yumi-the-most-advanced-home-robot-android/
At Omate, we build real stuffs and we deliver (sometimes a bit late) but we ship 🙂
At your service! Yumi lets anyone in the family kids or adults have a conversation with it.
“We built the Alexa Voice Service so companies like Omate could bring their customers truly magical voice-experiences,” said Aaron Brown, Director of Amazon Alexa.
Smart Assistant: Interact in a hands-free way, simply using your voice. Ask Yumi what you want to know: weather forecast, news report, traffic info, … Enjoy Music and Entertainment by asking Yumi to play a song or a playlist directly from your favorite cloud services: Spotify / Pandora / TuneIn / Amazon Music… Connect Yumi to your smart home networking systems Securely check your home activity with the front camera of Yumi via the remote control app And much more with over 3,000 Amazon Alexa skills apps!
The Real “Droid” Deal: Make video calls via your favorite VoIP apps Connect Yumi to your TV via HDMI Browse the web Play games And much more with over 2 million available apps in the Google Play Store
1. Artificial Intelligence Ask anything you want to Yumi all of this is done by speaking with Yumi. Interact with Yumi and Amazon’s Alexa Voice Service (AVS) just like you do with your Amazon Echo. Dear Developers, Yumi is willing to share its memory with other Artificial Intelligence assistants.
2. Powerful Wireless Speakers Best-in-class stereo sound system for music lovers, Yumi delivers crystal clear sound – Audio Certified by Arkamys – and fits anywhere offering the most vibrant sound ever heard from a stereo mobile wireless speaker. Yumi automatically detects the sound source location thanks to its five embedded microphones so Yumi will look at you when you ask him a question.
3. Video Call / Remote Camera Surveillance Run any VoIP Android apps for Family video calls such as Skype / Google Duo / Viber and many others. Yumi can also act as a video camera surveillance CCTV via its embedded high quality UltraPixel front camera; and yes! Yumi can move via the wheeled rotor engines and through the companion monitoring app so you can remotely check your home wherever you are directly from your smartphone.
4. Smart Home Connectivity Connect the most popular smart home networking systems via their Alexa skills. Connect Yumi to your TV either via Cast or HDMI and browse Internet from the front HD touch color display; play online videos and download apps and games from 3rd party application stores.
5. Full Android / Developer Friendly Offer full Android ecosystem to developers to create and test their own applications. Port any Artificial Intelligence on top of Yumi; customize and test your own Android Apps and Amazon Alexa Skills. Port your own Android ROM with our Omate Alexa app and build your robot with Omate so we can explore together various user segments: e.g: Enterprise; Kids; Seniors and much more!
Topics: Secure Remote Access, SSL VPN, Enterprise Mobility, Internet of Things Presenter: Joe Popp
HOB is a mid-sized company, developing innovative and multiply rewarded software solutions that are marketed worldwide. The core competencies of the successful company HOB, founded in 1964, comprise server-based computing, secure remote access, also for destop or mobile devices, VoIP and virtualization. HOB products are deployed in small, mid-sized and large enterprises. Further, some HOB products are certified according to Common Criteria EAL 4+ by the German Federal Office for Information Security. HOB remote access solutions received the quality mark from TeleTrust “IT Security Made in Germany.”